Thursday 26 July 2018

Green

Being green

Well, I think you can learn about being more environmentally friendly in many places. However, for me the best is to learn with others. I have learnt about recycling, composting with friends mostly. However, I used to be a lot more radical and concerned about the environment, until, in my view, I realized I could not save the world on my own. I was in Germany in 1998 and then, people separated rubbish, would not litter, etc. 1998!!!!! And here, it still doesn’t happen much! In Chile if there is no money, there is  no interest from our government….
I still take all bottles and jars to the bottle bank, take all milk cartons, paper, cardboard and tins to the recycling center all the time but that is more or less it. Another thing I do is I decided not to buy plastic anymore and use only glass if possible.  I use the car to come here sometimes because I am exhausted or in a rush. However, this is the only campus where I do this because I can park. Normally I go places  on the bus.  In the past I made my own detergent, shampoo, bar soap and used to come on my bike. I used to have my compost on the balcony. Now I don´t do any of those things.  What a disaster!

My carbon footprint must be high. Terrible thing!
I think our society needs to be educated so we can all be aware of the importance of recycling & reusing and all the benefits it could have.

Write about the environment answering the following questions:


What things do you do that are environmental friendly?


Do you think the Chilean government does enough to promote recycling?

What are the most common items that people recycle?

What things can average people do to protect the environment?

Write at least 250 words. Leave comments on my blog and the blogs of 3 classmates.

17 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised that Chile is so behind on recycling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are very environmentally friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IS INTERESTING THE DIFERENCE TO TWO COUNTRYS. SPECIALLY IN CHILE, We're still a long way from moving

    ReplyDelete

  4. Thank you for making us aware of this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We must learn about other countries, is necessary for the planet that all people recycle and care the environment. I hope that Chile can move to a green life!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We need working in a one proyect more complet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a good reflection on the environment. And the differences between both countries is very negative for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need to recycle! And is so interesting the diference about the two countrys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that the posibility of change the reality of contamination in general depends of this conscience <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is interesting to think about how we protect our world. I want to learn more about recycle, because I really don't know about this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to learn about composting but in Santiago I don't have a good place to practice and start to doing. I hope learn more about care the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that you should go to the ecomercado of yungay

    ReplyDelete
  14. maybe we have follow the example of germany about this topic

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with you about the importance of the environment

    ReplyDelete